“What do you feed all those kids?” was a question we have often been asked through the years.
Simple and fast were my guidelines for most supper meals.
Baked Spaghetti was a popular standby that I liked to make. It whips up easily for those busy summer days and makes spaghetti a bit more special.
(for a lot more ideas, see my cookbook Homemade with Love)
- 1/2 to 1 c. chopped onion
- 1 c. chopped green pepper (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 (28 oz.) can tomatoes with liquid, cut up
- 1 (4 oz.) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 (21/4 oz.) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained (optional)
- 12 oz. cooked spaghetti, drained
- 2 c. (8 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (103/4 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese