When my boys were little, I chose these verses for them to learn to help them deal with struggles they were facing at the time. I made paper “Bibles” from construction paper and wrote the references on the front of the Bible and verse on the back. Then we covered them with contact paper. (A better option might be lamination.)
Each day we would work through the verses just saying them one at a time until each one was learned, and then we reviewed them all. Use whichever version you prefer.
If you would like, you can download a chart with all of these “When Tempted” scenarios and the verses that give us the weapons to fight the temptation!
When tempted to be afraid–
- Psalm 91: 10, 11 “There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.”
When tempted to speak foolish words-
- Ephesians 4:29- “Don’t use bad language. Say only what is good and helpful to those you are talking to, and what will give them a blessing.”( TLB) Or KJV version: “Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.”
When tempted to think wrong thoughts-
- I Corinthians 10:15 “Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;”
When tempted to feel like a failure- Success is promised to us if we practice this –
- Joshua 1:8.9- ” This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.”
When tempted to do wrong to those who do wrong to you. Do good to those who mistreat you–
- Luke 6: 27,28 – “But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.”
Continue reading Scripture Helps us Deal With Temptations (Printable Chart!)