We always get 10 or 20 pounds of blueberries every July. We use a lot for eating and baking (like this delicious blueberry crisp!), but then freeze the rest of them.
Here is one of our favorite blueberry recipes for a special treat. I grew up in New England, and this has been a favorite recipe since I was a kid.
Sometimes I make the batter up at night and then bake them in the morning.
We always fix a special birthday breakfast for family members on their birthdays and this is often one of those favorites.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I always have!
- ½ c. butter
- ¾ c. granulated sugar ( You can cut the sugar to 1/2 c. if desired)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 c. flour ( I use freshly ground whole wheat, but you can use white or part white as well)
- pinch of salt
- ½ c. milk
- ¾ c. blueberries
- cinnamon and sugar
Cream butter and sugar.
Add eggs, flour, baking powder, salt, and milk; mix thoroughly.
Fold in blueberries; don’t stir more than a few seconds, or the batter will turn purple!
Grease muffin tins. Fill ¾ full.
Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top of each.
Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. YIELD: 20 muffins.
This recipe is one of many you can find in Homemade with Love by Marilyn Boyer
- Coming October 12th: The Homeschool Upgrade Summit - September 21, 2020
- 12 Ideas for Fun Summer Days at Home - July 19, 2020
- Ideas for Road Trip Fun in the Car - June 14, 2020