Your kids are sure to enjoy making (and eating) these fun ‘nests’. Make up a batch, go outside and enjoy the treat you’ve made and see if you can spot some birds flying to their real nests!
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 2 1/2 cups chow mein noodles
- jelly beans or malted egg candies
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups cornflakes, lightly crushed
Combine butterscotch chips, corn syrup, peanut butter and sugar in large microwavable bowl. Microwave on high 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30 second intervals. Stir in chow mein noodles and cornflakes until evenly coated. Quickly shape scant 1/4 cupfuls mixture into balls, make indentation in centers to form nests. Place nests on waxed paper to set. Place 3 jelly beans in each nest.
Latest posts by Marilyn (see all)
- Bundle Gift - February 16, 2023
- Valentine Brownies Heart Shaped - February 8, 2023
- Why Your Children Need Heroes - August 19, 2022
Pingback: Projects and Activities for a Christ-Centered Easter - Character Concepts Blog