Here is one of our favorite recipes for Independence Day
- 1 package (3 ounces) berry blue jello
- 2 cups boiling water, (divided in half)
- 2-1/2 cups cold water, (divided into 1 cup, 1 cup, and 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry or raspberry jello
- 1 cup fresh strawberries , sliced or raspberries if you wish
- 1- 8 ounce container of Cool Whip
- In a bowl, dissolve berry blue gelatin in 1 cup boiling water and then stir in 1 cup cold water. Pour into a large glass trifle bowl. Sprinkle with blueberries and refrigerate until firm, about 1 -2 hours.
- In a saucepan, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 1/2 cup cold water and let stand about 1 minute. Add the cream and sugar and stir over low heat until gelatin and sugar are completely dissolved.
- When cool wisk in the sour cream and vanilla.
- Carefully spoon over the blue layer and refrigerate until firm, about 1-2 hours.
- In a bowl, dissolve strawberry or raspberry jello with remaining hot water and stir in remaining cold water. Carefully spread/spoon over cream layer and sprinkle with strawberries or raspberries. Chill until set, about 1-2 hours.
- Garnish with Cool Whip and berries on top and refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Marilyn is wife to Rick, Mom to 14 children, Nana to 16 grandchildren (and counting!) and homeschooler for 37 years. She and her husband own Character Concepts which they started for the purpose of helping others raise children with a strong, godly character and Biblical worldview.. They have developed character curriculumfrom preschool through high school, based on what they found worked whenteaching their own 14 children over the years. Her passion is to help young moms raise kids of character and enjoy the journey!
Latest posts by Marilyn (see all)
- Setting Your Kids Free - May 18, 2019
- How to Make a Poodle Skirt - May 16, 2019
- Part 3: Obedient Hearts: Obedience- It’s Not Always Easy (a true story illustration) - May 15, 2019