Here is one of our favorite recipes for Independence Day
- 1 package (3 ounces) berry blue jello
- 2 cups boiling water, (divided in half)
- 2-1/2 cups cold water, (divided into 1 cup, 1 cup, and 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry or raspberry jello
- 1 cup fresh strawberries , sliced or raspberries if you wish
- 1- 8 ounce container of Cool Whip
- In a bowl, dissolve berry blue gelatin in 1 cup boiling water and then stir in 1 cup cold water. Pour into a large glass trifle bowl. Sprinkle with blueberries and refrigerate until firm, about 1 -2 hours.
- In a saucepan, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 1/2 cup cold water and let stand about 1 minute. Add the cream and sugar and stir over low heat until gelatin and sugar are completely dissolved.
- When cool wisk in the sour cream and vanilla.
- Carefully spoon over the blue layer and refrigerate until firm, about 1-2 hours.
- In a bowl, dissolve strawberry or raspberry jello with remaining hot water and stir in remaining cold water. Carefully spread/spoon over cream layer and sprinkle with strawberries or raspberries. Chill until set, about 1-2 hours.
- Garnish with Cool Whip and berries on top and refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Marilyn (see all)
- American History Homeschool Books - January 23, 2021
- Activities to do in Autumn - October 24, 2020
- Coming October 12th: The Homeschool Upgrade Summit - September 21, 2020