Don’t you love the different seasons… and all the good food that accompanies them?
My grandson, Adam, was over the other day and he wanted to bake something. He flipped through my recipe book, Homemade with Love, and this Pumpkin Bread is what he decided on making.
He got out all the ingredients, followed the recipe to the tee and made us all a delicious fall treat. Grandad really loved it!
This pumpkin bread is wonderful for autumn breakfasts and can be made into muffins, too!
- 2/3 c. shortening
- 2 c. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (1 lb) can pumpkin
- 2/3 c. water
- 3 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cloves
- 2/3 c. coarsely chopped nuts
- 2/3 c. raisins (optional)
Heat oven to 350°. Grease two 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans or three 81/2 x 41/2 x 21/2-inch loaf pans.
In large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until fluffy.
Stir in eggs, pumpkin, and water.
Blend in flour, soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and cloves.
Stir in nuts and raisins.
Pour into pans. Bake about 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Latest posts by Marilyn (see all)
- Part 3: Obedient Hearts: Obedience- It’s Not Always Easy (a true story illustration) - October 15, 2019
- Setting Your Kids Free - May 18, 2019
- How to Make a Poodle Skirt - May 16, 2019