This is a great, easy, inexpensive craft for celebrating Washington and Lincoln’s birthdays which are both in February. (This year, President’s Day is Monday, February 20).
Here are the materials you need:
- printer paper
- silhouettes of George Washington and Abe Lincoln, Washington Lincoln silhouettes
- glue stick
- black and white construction paper
- print the template Washington Lincoln silhouettes
- cut out each silhouette
- using a glue stick, put glue on the backside of each silhouette
- stick the silhouettes down on construction paper. Put the white silhouette on the black paper and the black silhouette on the white paper
- Next, cut a white back for the black paper and a white back for the black paper to make a “frame ” for each silhouette
- Using a glue stick, place glue on the backside and stick down to the frame of the opposite color
- Cut out the name of each president from the template and glue to the bottom of each frame
- There you go. You are done!
We offer great audio called The True Story of George Washington if you want to learn more about him.