Summertime is here, and it’s time for vacation or fun day trips!
I just took a few of my grand kids to the lake last week (about an hour away) and I heard the age-old question from one of them, “When will we be there? Are we there yet? How much longer?”
Time drags for little guys when they are all excited to be somewhere and yet we just keep driving.
Here are some fun suggestions for things that have worked for us over the years to keep little ones occupied and excited (and to help you keep your sanity!!)
- Alphabet game– Watch all signs you pass by and have the kids look for the letters in the alphabet in order from A to Z. See if you can find ALL the letters of the alphabet.
- I See Something Red! – This one is for the littler people. Being in the car, the person who is “IT” has to choose an object of a certain color, telling the other players, “I see something red, (or any color of their choice). The other players then guess till someone gets the answer right. Then that person is “IT” until someone guesses their object.
- License Plate Game- See how many out-of-state license plates you can spot, writing down which states you find. Or do the alphabet game again with just letters from license plates.
- Audio– This has been a real lifesaver for us through the years and fun for the whole family. It surely makes the time pass quickly. Be sure to check out all the audios Uncle Rick has made. We’ve had families tell us they don’t leave home without him. We pop one in every time we run errands. You’ll be amazed at all the history you will learn and remember too! Boys of Liberty Collections contain approx 16 hours of listening time. (Check out this quick video!)
- Car games– Here are a few of our favorites:
this post contains affiliate links