What could be better on a warm summer afternoon than a bowl of homemade ice cream? This recipe is especially easy and delicious!
- 3 cups sliced strawberries, or 3 heaping cups whole berries
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Clean and slice strawberries.
2. Blend strawberries, sugar, and milk in blender or food processor using the blade attachment. Process until smooth. Add vanilla and process very briefly to blend. Taste to check for sweetness and add a bit more sugar if needed. Pour strawberry mixture into ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions.
I like to mash the strawberries by hand, and use the Kitchen Aid mixer instead of the blender. We also use fresh strawberries and raw milk. I never really enjoyed homemade ice cream until we tried this recipe; now just mention it and I’m all ears!
(P.S. Keep an eye out for other great recipes coming from Character Concepts! Mom is redesigning her cookbook – including recipes from each daughter and daughter-in-law – and adding color photos! You won’t want to miss out!)
- Bundle Gift - February 16, 2023
- Valentine Brownies Heart Shaped - February 8, 2023
- Why Your Children Need Heroes - August 19, 2022
That sounds like a fun idea. Thanks for the tip!
I just learned that you can put any ice cream “batter” in a small ziplock bag, making sure it is sealed up tight! Then put it in a larger zip lock bag with ice and rock salt (just like you put around the churn) and let each child shake the bags until their ice cream is frozen! Then cut the corner off the bag and squeeze ice cream in a cup or eat it straight from the bag!