My daughter Grace makes this sauce every summer with fresh tomatoes from our garden, and we look forward to using it all year long.
- 28 oz. skinned and crushed tomatoes (We usually puree in blender.) (Skin tomatoes easily by first plunging in boiling water until skins just begin to crack and peel. Then plunge into a clean sink full of ice water. Skins will slide off easily with a knife.)
- 2 cans (6 oz. each) tomato paste
- 1/2 c. water
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. parsley
In large pan combine tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar, basil, oregano, garlic powder, and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for approximately 3 hours until sauce reaches desired thickness, stirring occasionally. Stir in pepper; cook 5 minutes longer. You can use immediately on pizza, or can in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes for pints and quarts.
Latest posts by Marilyn (see all)
- Bundle Gift - February 16, 2023
- Valentine Brownies Heart Shaped - February 8, 2023
- Why Your Children Need Heroes - August 19, 2022