Here is a fun activity to do with small children to celebrate fall! (tastes good, too!) I made these today with 2 of my grandchildren, and they had a blast making them. It’s even easy enough for even toddlers to help with!
We made two batches, one red and one orange.
For each batch:
- Melt 3 Tbsp. of butter or margarine in a medium sized pan on medium heat.
- Add 3 cups of miniature marshmallows to a pan and stir until melted.
- Add food coloring. Use enough to make nice autumn shades of color. (You could use cocoa krispies for brown).
- Gently fold in 3 cups of rice krispies to the marshmallow mixture.
- Each batch will fill 1/2 of a cookie sheet. Pour mixture onto sheet, wet your hands, and gently pat the mixture down evenly.
- We then used cookie cutters that were in the shape of oak leaves, maple leaves, a pumpkin, and a turkey. Press down till cookie cutter cuts through the layer of rice krispies.
- Gently place each treat on a plate. You can reshape the mixture as needed to get as many treats as possible.
- Serve with a glass of milk and enjoy!