What kid doesn’t like dirt? What about edible dirt?
Well, here’s a recipe for a “dirt” cake that’s sure to delight boys and girls alike!
It’s just a fun idea to make special memories with your little ones.
This was a favorite with one of my daughters, especially. She LOVED gummy worms and this creative little dessert just delighted her.
Go have some fun with your kids!
- 1 pkg. (18 oz) Oreo cookies
- 1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 2 pkg. (3 1/2 oz. each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- gummy worms
- 2 clean, new flower pots, about 6 ” in diameter
- silk flowers
- aluminum foil
- clean new gardening tools
Crush cookies until they resemble potting soil. Divide half of the crumble between the flower pots. Set pots and remaining crumbs aside. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. In another mixing bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping. Gently fold into cream cheese mixture until blended. Add filling to pots, top with reserved crumbs. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. If desired, wrap silk flower stems in foil, add to flower pots. Decorate with gummy worms and display with gardening tools, if desired.
(taken from Character Concepts for Preschooler’s Mom’s Guide; the Mom’s Guide is also a part of our preschool curriculum)
Marilyn is wife to Rick, Mom to 14 children, Nana to 16 grandchildren (and counting!) and homeschooler for 37 years. She and her husband own Character Concepts which they started for the purpose of helping others raise children with a strong, godly character and Biblical worldview.. They have developed character curriculumfrom preschool through high school, based on what they found worked whenteaching their own 14 children over the years. Her passion is to help young moms raise kids of character and enjoy the journey!
Latest posts by Marilyn (see all)
- Part 3: Obedient Hearts: Obedience- It’s Not Always Easy (a true story illustration) - October 15, 2019
- Setting Your Kids Free - May 18, 2019
- How to Make a Poodle Skirt - May 16, 2019