What kid doesn’t like dirt? What about edible dirt?
Well, here’s a recipe for a “dirt” cake that’s sure to delight boys and girls alike!
It’s just a fun idea to make special memories with your little ones.
This was a favorite with one of my daughters, especially. She LOVED gummy worms and this creative little dessert just delighted her.
Go have some fun with your kids!
- 1 pkg. (18 oz) Oreo cookies
- 1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 2 pkg. (3 1/2 oz. each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- gummy worms
- 2 clean, new flower pots, about 6 ” in diameter
- silk flowers
- aluminum foil
- clean new gardening tools
Crush cookies until they resemble potting soil. Divide half of the crumble between the flower pots. Set pots and remaining crumbs aside. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. In another mixing bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping. Gently fold into cream cheese mixture until blended. Add filling to pots, top with reserved crumbs. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. If desired, wrap silk flower stems in foil, add to flower pots. Decorate with gummy worms and display with gardening tools, if desired.
(taken from Character Concepts for Preschooler’s Mom’s Guide; the Mom’s Guide is also a part of our preschool curriculum)
Latest posts by Marilyn (see all)
- Bundle Gift - February 16, 2023
- Valentine Brownies Heart Shaped - February 8, 2023
- Why Your Children Need Heroes - August 19, 2022