I’ve found that there have been seasons in my life that I just wanted to quit! You can’t see God’s hand or feel His presence and it seems like nothing is working. You feel like you’re not doing a good job at being a wife, mother, church member, neighbor- or anything at all.
What should you do? What can you do? It’s during those times that I’m driven to God’s Word and here I find comfort and hope.
Here are a few of my favorites.
- Psalm 27:13 says, “I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.”
- Psalm 77:10, 11 “And I said, This is my infirmity: but I will remember the years of the right hand of the most High. I shall remember the deeds of the Lord; Surely I will remember Your wonders of old”
- Psalm 111:4 “He has made his wonderful works to be remembered: the LORD is gracious …”
- 1 Chronicles 16:12 “Remember his marvelous works that he has done…”
- II Chronicles 16:9 “For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.”
It’s during those times that I cry out to God for direction and know in my heart that God has proven Himself strong in my behalf before; I have to believe He’ll do it again.
When I can’t see what God is working out in my behalf, is when I have to trust in His goodness and just keep moving- do what I know needs to be done- what I know I must do.
We only see a tiny slice of what God is doing in our lives. He has the master plan and He NEVER makes mistakes. It’s often the thing that we dread most that He is using to accomplish His purposes for our life.
We’ve learned a new song in church this month written by William Cowper years ago when he was facing extreme discouragement. John Newton encouraged him to write hymns and it helped to give him perspective and raise his spirits. Look at the words, especially that last verse:
God Moves in a Mysterious Way
By: William Cowper
God moves in a mysterious way
His wonders to perform;
He plants his footsteps in the sea
And rides upon the storm.
Judge not the Lord by feeble sense,
But trust him for his grace;
Behind a frowning providence
Faith sees a smiling face.
Blind unbelief is sure to err
And scan his work in vain;
God is his own interpreter,
And he will make it plain.
You fearful saints, fresh courage take;
The clouds you so much dread
Are big with mercy and will break
In blessing on your head
I am finding this to be so true in my life. It’s during those incredibly lonely, fearful times that God is preparing to shower His blessings on your life in a new, fresh, totally miraculous way. Search the Scriptures to find the confidence that God cares more about your circumstances than even you do. God created you and He hasn’t brought you this far only to abandon you. Place your hope in Him and look expectantly for what He will do, even when you just don’t feel like it. God is just waiting to pour all of Heaven’s best into you, His vessel.
TRUST instead of TOTTERING.
Hold on to God’s truth with every fiber of your being. Blessing is about to break upon your head!
- 12 Ideas for Fun Summer Days at Home - July 19, 2020
- Ideas for Road Trip Fun in the Car - June 14, 2020
- Summer Time Tip:Assign Chores for Next School Year - June 13, 2020