Now, here’s a new favorite recipe in our house!
We have several in the family cutting back on, or cutting out, sugar for the time being. But, sometimes you just need a little something for that sweet tooth!
So, here is a chocolate recipe that is good for you, and oh so delicious- with only a small amount of honey as a sweetener.
And even better, it’s super easy to whip up too!
- 2/3 c. melted coconut oil
- 2/3 c. cocoa- I use dark chocolate cocoa (such as Hershey’s ‘Special Dark Cocoa”)
- dash of salt
- splash of vanilla
- 1/4 c. honey
Melt all the ingredients together except the vanilla. Whisk until honey mixes in evenly.
Remove from heat and add vanilla.
Now comes the creative part!
Add any or all of these that you like: (or come up with your own additions)
- 1 c. Unsweetened coconut
- 3/4 c. chopped pecans or walnuts or slivered almonds,
- 1/4 c sunflower seeds, (optional)
- 1/4 c. raisins or craisins (optional) .
Mix together and pour in an 8 x 8 ” glass baking dish.
(*Hint: Pour the chocolate onto parchment paper for easier cleanup*)
Place in the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to harden.
Once the chocolate is “set”, slice into bars and enjoy a healthier dark chocolate candy bar!
Store in the refrigerator.
Caution- when I make it, it doesn’t last long!
- Bundle Gift - February 16, 2023
- Valentine Brownies Heart Shaped - February 8, 2023
- Why Your Children Need Heroes - August 19, 2022