Thanks so much to Wendy Woerner, of Following in His Footsteps blog, for sharing this wonderful review of Character Trails.
“Recently, I was given the opportunity to review the book Character Trails, written by Marilyn Boyer of Character Concepts (formerly the Learning Parent). I will tell you, I was very excited about the chance to read this book with my children and to implement the ideas within its pages. I was also thrilled to learn, after receiving my copy for review (please see my Disclosure to learn more about how I came to review this product), that the Boyers live in the same wonderful state as I do. What a small world!
We have not completed every lesson in the book, but we have read enough together for me to tell you that it is filled with wonderful, godly lessons. While I have read each lesson with all of my children in attendance (ages 2.5 to 15) it is my 10-year-old who seems to enjoy the book the most. He is very ‘into’ the lessons, I think because they not only include stories from the bible, but also stories about children to whom he can easily relate. Throughout the weeks, I have been able to just say the word from the lesson we have been studying as a reminder to him of what his behavior should be. [usually] He straightens right up!
3 Reasons You Need This Book for Your Family!
- Biblical Content This book is full of God’s Word! Each lesson begins with a bible verse and a character trait, and then each story is in direct relation to that verse and trait, demonstrating how to apply each of them in everyday life.
- Relatable The characters, both those from the bible and from the stories about today’s children, experience temptations to sin in areas where we all have struggled, or will struggle, at some point in our lives. Children and adults alike can relate!
- Open and Go Character Trails is open and go! There is no need, though you can if you want to enhance your learning, to prepare materials, craft supplies, or other books in order to take part in these lessons with your children. All you need is this one book. As a homeschooling mama of several children, I love that!
Oh, and don’t forget to look for Character Concepts on Facebook. Go ‘like’ their page to make sure you don’t miss a thing!”
- Bundle Gift - February 16, 2023
- Valentine Brownies Heart Shaped - February 8, 2023
- Why Your Children Need Heroes - August 19, 2022