I was just reading some great quotes by Thomas Jefferson. One of them was about controlling ourselves and doing what’s right even if nobody knows what we’re doing.
His suggestion was to act as if EVERYBODY knew. He said, “When you do a thing, act as if the world were watching.”
Not a bad idea.
We know that God is watching. But maybe we expect Him to be understanding of our weaknesses.
Jefferson was wise enough to know that we all want others to think we’re good people. We also know that sometimes people don’t understand us, even when we’re trying to do right. So this quote suggests that we think carefully before we do something.
- Is it right?
- Will it offend anybody else?
- Will it cause anybody problems?
Questions like these will make you act more wisely.
- Bundle Gift - February 16, 2023
- Valentine Brownies Heart Shaped - February 8, 2023
- Why Your Children Need Heroes - August 19, 2022